If Bill Clinton’s speech @ the DNC persuaded you to support President Obama, can I ask you
Did Bill Clinton’s words:
Create one single job?
- 23 million Americans unemployed or underemployed
- Labor force participation (63.5%) is at a 31-year low
- Obama spent $860 billion on “shovel-ready” stimulus promising 5.6% unemployment by now
- Unemployment has been > 8% for 43 consecutive months
Reduce the price of gas by 1¢?
- Gas prices have doubled since Obama took office to a Labor Day record high $3.83/gallon from $1.95
- President Obama blocked the Keystone pipeline, which would have created jobs & reduced our dependence on foreign oil
Restore $1 of the $716 billion Obama cut from Medicare?
- President Obama cut Medicare to help pay for Obamacare ($1.9 trillion in new spending)
- Most of the $716B cuts will impact payments on behalf of seniors to hospitals & doctors
Add any value to your home?
- Home prices down 9.2% since January 2009
Raise the median family income by $1?
- Median household income is down 5% since 2009
Reduce tuition by 1¢ for college students?
- Average tuition is up under Obama 7.5% for all schools & 15% for public colleges
Lift one American out of poverty?
- Poverty rate in the 2011 census report is 15.1%, a 50-year high
- Record 1 in 7 of Americans receiving food stamps (46.7 million)
Are you better off? Don’t you deserve better?